BEATIFUL GERMAN CHEST. XVIII CENTURY.
Location: Private Collection.
1. Left leg is loose.
2. Several bottom boards are loose.
3. Some drawers are missing pieces and show signs of past damage by bugs.
4. Right leg is severely damage presenting several cavities due to previous bug infestation.
PROBLEMS WITH THE CHEST’S FINISH:
1. Veneer has nods in several parts.
2. Veneer is detached in various surfaces.
3. Veneer Is missing from various surfaces.
4. Veneer’s surface is not even
5. Stain surrounding the moldings.
6. Stain missing from moldings.
1. Reinforce the legs and interior structure.
2. Reinforce the bottom of the drawers and the inside boards.
3. Fill in the cavities in the right leg with adequate materials.
4. Smooth down the Verner where nods are present.
5. Inlay new Veneer where it is missing.
6. Gently sand down veneer and conform it evenly.
7. Eliminate stain found around the moldings.
8. Stain the moldings.
9. Wax entire piece.
A challenging restoration beautifully done.
Thank you so much.
LikeLiked by 1 person