An Amazing Chest Restoration.
Description: Chest. Made in 1920s in tigeroak wood.
Location: Private Collection. Orange County.
1. The furniture has a thick layer of dirty caused by the normal use.
2. The varnish is cracked or missing in some parts over the top.
3. Two large spots are visibles, caused by the spillage of different liquids.
1. Deep cleaning, removing the layers of dirty varnish.
2. Removing the spots without sand or stripper the wood, in order to keep the first coat of old varnish.
4. Polishing of hardware.
5. New varnish application.
Detail of the professional cleaning process: